In 1994 it was decided to introduce a further channel split from 25 to 8.33 kHz. Subsequently, 8.33 kHz was introduced above FL245 in the ICAO EUR Region from October 1999 and above FL195 from the 15 March 2007. At the time of writing, 8.33 kHz channels have been implemented in the airspace of over 20 ICAO EUR Region States. On 16 November 2012 it was agreed to further extend 8.33 kHz to all european airspace up to the year 2018 (source: becker-aviation.com).
Aero-Tec delivers you the new AR6201 as exclusive tabletop device oder for integration in standard 19″ mountings. The AR6201 VHF-AM Transceiver with 8.33 kHz channel spacing and integrated intercom Becker Avionics introduces its new high performance, compact, AR6201 VHF-AM Transceiver with 8.33 kHz channel spacing and integrated voice activated (VOX) intercom system for up to four passengers. The AR6201 continues the legacy of its predecessor the AR4201 VHF-AM transceiver, which has set the benchmark for reliability and performance. With more than 18.000 units sold, the AR4201 has been the trustworthy companion for thousands of pilots flying millions of flight-hours.
- Frequency Range: 118.000 MHz to 136.990 MHz
- Channel Spacing: 8,33 or 25 kHz
- Channel Selection: 8.33 or 25 kHz (selectable)
- RF-Output Power: > 10 W
- Receiver Sensitivity: >6dB for 2µV
- Input Voltage Range: 9 V DC to 32.2 V DC
- Operating Temperature Range: – 20 degrees C to + 55 degrees C, for short time up to + 70 degrees C
- Current consumption: 2A @ 12 V DC (transmit), 140mA @ 12 V DC (receive standby)
- Tandem (parallel operation of 2 displays) functionality and external RCU availability